If you’re in the mood for a shot that’s equal parts fun and quirky, the Cement Mixer Shot will surely delight you. This infamous shot is known for its unusual texture and taste combination that will leave you wanting more. With just two ingredients and a simple process, you can create this memorable shot that will surely be a hit at your next gathering.
What’s in a Cement Mixer Shot Recipe?
The shot is made by combining Irish cream liqueur and lime juice. When consumed, the mixture curdles in the mouth, creating a thick and lumpy texture. It is often regarded as a novelty or prank shot rather than a drink for enjoyment.
Cement Mixer Shot Ingredients
- 1 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1/2 oz lime juice
Read More : Water Moccasin Shot
How to Make Cement Mixer Shot
- Pour Bailey’s Irish Cream into a shot glass.
- Next, pour the lime juice into a separate shot glass.
- Take the shot of Bailey’s first and hold it in your mouth without swallowing.
- Take a shot of lime juice, but don’t swallow it immediately.
- Begin shaking your head vigorously, mixing the two liquids in your mouth.
- Swallow the shot once the mixture takes on a thick and curdled consistency.
- Brace yourself for the unique taste experience of the shot, Like White Tea Shot
Cement Mixer Shot
- 1 Shot glass
- 1 Spoom
- 1.5 Ounces Irish cream liqueur
- 0.5 Ounces Lime juice
- Pour 1.5 ounces of Irish cream liqueur into a shot glass.
- Separately, pour 0.5 ounce of lime juice into another glass.
- Take the shot of Irish cream, but instead of swallowing immediately
- hold it in your mouth. Use the spoon to add a splash of lime juice.
- Stir the mixture in your mouth before swallowing. Experience the peculiar texture and taste of the Mixer Shot.
Tips to Overcome the Thickness Of Shot
Adjust ratios: Add more citrus juice to balance flavors and reduce thickness.
Increase citrus juice: Gradually add more to break down creaminess.
Shake vigorously: Thoroughly mix ingredients for a smoother texture.
Serve chilled: Keep shot glasses in the freezer or add crushed ice for a refreshing effect.
Experiment with alternatives: Try lighter cream liqueur or acidic ingredients for a different texture and taste.
What do you need to make a cement mixer?
To make a cement shot, you’ll need Irish cream liqueur and lime juice.
What alcoholic drinks curdle?
Alcoholic drinks with high acidity, such as citrus juices or some liqueurs, can curdle when mixed with dairy-based ingredients like cream or milk.
What is the use of a cement mixer?
The “Cement Mixer” is a novelty shot meant to create an unusual and unpleasant texture in the mouth by causing the cream-based liqueur to curdle with the acidic lime juice. It is primarily used for entertainment purposes rather than for taste.